Monday 4 February 2008

A run in the snow

May be nothing special for a lot of runners, but here in Ayrshire, it's a pretty rare event. ;-)




My legs seemed fine after my run down the Carrick hills (possibly helped by the fact that I couldn't run flat out due to the hailstones) but I rested on Friday before enjoying a run down the River Ayr Way from Failford again. Probably as well that I had rested as my legs were a bit tired (though not hurting). We started the run in gently sleety snow/hail but that soon stopped and the weather was fine for the rest of the run. Rather disappointingly, the snow disappeared as we ran downstream until there was nothing visible by the time we reached Annbank.

On Sunday I finished the week off with an easy 6 miler taking my weekly mileage to 49 miles. Not a humungous amount, but a satisfying number to have clocked up nonetheless.

No comments: