Tuesday 12 February 2008

New shoes

Well, my new Landreths arrived yesterday. I had forgotten that new shoes could be so white! heck if I'd had those on Sunday evening I don't think I would have needed a torch! ;-)

Anyway, I was itching to try them out and thought I'd take them for a gentle spin out the cycle path towards the beach. I was halfway along the cyclepath, heading towards Greenan Castle when I remembered what a mudbath the farm road was. Not wanting to dirty my shoes *quite* yet, I diverted south to Craig Tara (aka Wonder West World, aka Butlins) to head down the tarmac road down the the shore. Unfortunately buiding work at Craig Tara had rendered the road almost as muddy as the farm track and the tide was so far in I was jogging through piles of rotting seaweed. No doubt this was some sort of divine punishment for my sin of pride. ;-)
In a way, I'm glad. I no longer have to agonise about keeping them clean. Way too late for that. ;-)

Off now to pick up a copy of Running Fitness. Rumour has it that I feature in their Loch Ness marathon report

2 comments:

Thomas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Thomas said...

Tim,
love your header picture.
And is there not a running tree (left of the big one)?
Could be one of those Ents?