Thursday 14 February 2008

New look blog, hill reps and an easy run

Hope you all like the new look. The old one was very boring and it really put me off posting so I thought it was about time I made my blog look a bit "classier". Doesn't make the content any better but maybe I'll update it more frequently. ;-)

On Tuesday it was "hill reps" on Troon's tiddy hills over the railway line. The sprints aren't really long enough but you have to make do with what's on your doorstep and I enjoy blasting up the hills. I tend to wear my flats for these sessions as I just love the feel of the contact with the road and extra leg turnover speed it seems to give me. Having said that, my feet and ankles are complaining a bit today so maybe it's not sure a smart move at the moment.

Wednesday was a rest day as I very much don't want to overdo things before the Carnethy 5 this weekend. I have to say, I'm getting quite nervous about it. I'm not sure if it's the thought of being humilated by Alex (our club's resident mountain goat) or just the thought of shivering whilst standing round in a boggy field waiting for the start. I really don't like getting cold! (I'm such a wuss).

Today was another easy jog out to Craig Tara and then back along the beach to the Ayr India restaurant before wending my way home. About 8.25 miles at a nice easy pace.

5 comments:

John Kynaston said...

I like the new look - very classy! Good photo in the title as well.

Hope tomorrow's race goes well. I look forward to reading about it.

If you get a chance send me a text once you've finished - I will pass it on as we run to Kingshouse!

John

Marco Consani said...

I like the new look too Tim. As John was saying the photo in the title looks great.
Good luck with the race at the weekend.

Marco

Tim said...

Thanks john, Marco. It's a trifle "wintery" looking. Maybe I'll go back and photograph it again when the leaves are growing.

I've never excelled at hill (or any other racing for that matter) but I'd like to get near my 2005 time of 1:13:11. It's something to aim for anyway.

Anonymous said...

Good luck, Tim.

Lovin' the re-design.

Andy Kerr said...

When did Alex become a mountain goat? I'm sure to be that you need to be able to run up hills as well.

You've managed some reasonable training of late Tim, I'm hoping you made sub 70 minutes!

Did you beat me in 2005 with that time? It must have been close?