Wednesday 20 August 2008

Woohoo!

Last night was the first time since the WHW race that I've felt that running the race might actually have done me some good rather than just tear up my body.

After my long 28 miler on Friday and an easy 7 miler on Sunday, I just felt different. The bounce was back in my legs and I just knew that I was back on form. It was like finding top gear in your car after months of being stuck in fourth. It was a club night last night and I just *had* to run the Smugglers Trail, a mix of road and trail that has some great hills for blasting up and down which is precisely what I did.

I don't think I can recall when I've last felt so strong on hills. It was one of those magical runs where the energy just seems to keep coming and you feel like you could run forever.

The only downside is a niggling worry that this is the sort of form I want in just over two weeks time, not *now* and I'll doubtless screw up between now and the RAW but I don't really care, last night's run was just so much fun. I find it hard to believe that one could get a greater buzz from illicit drugs. Last night my drug was SPEED.

2 comments:

Brian Mc said...

Sounds great!

I did a fast trail training run last night and felt pretty good too. Maybe the wet August weather has done something restorative.

Tim said...

I was good. I was on such a high after the run last night. I think possibly the rest after the WHW has done me some good but it's just taken a few runs to shake the stiffness out of my legs.