Monday 18 August 2008

Will I, won't I...

I've been blowing hot and cold over the Loch Ness Marathon for weeks now but since my long run on Friday, apart from a bit of post-run stiffness, I've been feeling like I've getting my "pre WHW" legs back.

Consequently, I'm feeling much more inclined *not* to throw in the towel just yet and wait until after the RAW. I'm still not keen on road marathons, which begs the question, "why did I enter?" which I think was down to a desire to have an autumn goal after the RAW. My biggest problem with road marathons is my feet! I've yet to run a marathon where I haven't been in severe pain for the last 8 miles or so which I put down to my high arched rather rigid feet.

I've tried running in both well cushioned shoes and racing flats and it seem to make little difference. This time, I'm going back to the "well cushioned" option perhaps with a new pair of Asics gel Nimbuses (?sp)and see how that works (assuming now that I do run it).

With no speed work or tempo runs for goodness knows how long I still don't expect to excel but hopefully I won't disgrace myself either.

3 comments:

Debs M-C said...

I've signed up the 10K...on the basis that I'm allowed to do girlie distances these days.

Brian Mc said...

Good luck for RAW and the marathon if you do enter.

I'm not a big fan of road marathons either but I'm keen to enter one this year just to benchmark myself speedwise.

John Kynaston said...

You need to do the Loch Ness Marathon since your photo is in every publicity picture!!!