Sunday 10 August 2008

An easy 8 miler

After another few days off (not through choice but just lack of opportunity), I went out for an easy run today around my 8 mile loop. Thankfully, my achilles niggle seems to have disappeared although I still have a bit of discomfort in my hamstring. Still, it doesn't seem to be getting any worse and a couple of my other aches seem to have disappeared too so it seems that sometimes, the cure is running rather than rest.

I find since the WHW race and my holiday in Tenerife that I'm really relishing running up hills just now. I reversed the direction of my run today just so that I could get a good long plug up a hill and I found on holiday that I was always looking for the biggest hills. Not sure what any of this means though. I doubt it'll translate into speed in the short term and it may be that I'm just running up hills relatively less badly than I'm running on the level bits but at least I'm enjoying it. Feeling much more confident about finishing the RAW race now and hoping to do a couple more 8 milers this week before another long run next weekend.

No comments: