Monday 9 February 2009

Quack part deux

Today I had my second treatment session with my chiropractor. In all respects pretty much a re-run of my first treatment. A bit of uncomfortable pushing and shoving and a few cracks from places you never knew could crack.

So far I'm trying hard to keep an open mind but my chiropractor is very keen to stress the importance of a long term maintenance plan of regular treatments. More than a hint of time-share sales technique going on which I find very off putting.

I'm going to give it one, maybe two more goes and if I don't see any tangible improvement I'll take my money elsewhere. At £30 a session (with discounts if I buy a dozen sessions at a time!) it's not that much more than my private sessions with my physio but he doesn't expect me to keep visiting him for the rest of my life.

Runningwise, I did manage about 4 miles on Sunday. The first two were a bit of a struggle but once things warmed up the pain seemed to ease off so there may be hope. It's pushing through those first 2 miles that's the hard bit though.

No comments: