Monday 23 February 2009

More weirdness

I was walking in town on Saturday wondering if perhaps I hadn't overdone things on Friday. My buttock was aching with every step as per usual. I was talking to my wife when mid-sentence I stopped & said "It's gone".

Literally in the space of one step, the ache disappeared. Not permanently though but certainly for the rest of the shopping trip. I must admit I'm puzzled as to what kind of pathology can come and go like this. It did come back later but definitely seems to be on the wane.

On Sunday Muriel was keen to go down to Culzean to run the fun run course. (For those not familiar with the area it's a great little hilly 5 & a bit mile trail race that takes place in the grounds of Culzean Castle). I think she must be getting infected with the trail running bug. ;-)

Anyhow, we jogged around together and whilst not completely pain free, it was fantastic to be out on the trails again enjoying the mud & the hills. Of course a couple of good runs isn't going to be enough to get me round the WHW but I've not ruled out having a slow jog along the Fling yet and things are looking more hopeful for a WHW walk.

My month total for February has already surpassed January's mileage (20 vs 16)! Just a little short of the 200 miles per month that I'd normally like to be doing now. ;-)

3 comments:

Mark said...

Hope you are seeing the light at the end of tunnel Great Mate.

Keep being positive and perhaps we might see you out for the Glee Club Devil?

All the best Dude.

Davie said...

Tim,
Looks like whatever is nthe nerve is easing, so perhaps you should be continuing whatever treatment you have been receiving, £25 or not, if it's working.....
Do anything else you're doing at home too, i.e. stretches, exercises, as you never know just what is having the good effect.

Brian Mc said...

Your buttock literally disappeared mid-sentence to Muriel? You poor man. A life of ill fitting trousers and uncomfortable sitting for you from now on.