Sunday 6 July 2008

Still not running, but cross training

That's if you call fence building cross training. ;-)
That's about 70 feet of ranch fencing on 4x4" posts concreted into the ground. I also had to dig out five Leylandii with trunk diameters of 5-7" so it's not been too easy. My upper body feels decidedly odd after all this intensive upper body workout. It's just not used to it!

Nothing happening on the running front although I might try a gentle jog this evening as I'm fed up with this cough. Resting doesn't seem to be helping it to resolve so I might as well go back to running, or at least wheezing and running. My wife and I have finished the first bottle of Cough Nurse and have now graduated to Night Nurse. It seems to do the trick in as far as it means that we are managing to sleep now, despite our coughs.

2 comments:

Subversive Runner said...

Nice bit of fencing mate. Didn't know you were such an outdoors craftsman, outside the running field.

Tim said...

Thanks Dave. What you can't see from the shot is the less than perfect alignment of some of the posts but I'm getting better at it. (It's the third one I've done).