Wednesday 2 July 2008

Bah humbug...

Another horrible night despite copious quantities of real ale, a glass of port, some ibuprofen and a slug of "Cough Nurse". :-(

I had high hopes for the Cough Nurse working as it specifically warns that it may make one sleepy. Combined with the alcohol, I thought it couldn't fail. I think I might have drifted off briefly but I spent a good part of the night coughing and barking like a seal until Muriel forced another dose of Cough Nurse down my throat. This at last did the trick and I did in the end get some sleep.

Sorely tempted to go doctor bothering today and see if I can get some antibiotics. I really am fed up with this.

2 comments:

Debs M-C said...

I had a really chesty cough, which started when I got cold on Rannoch Moor and lasted about a week. As if the sleep deprivation wasn't already killing me. A few days of Benilyn sorted it out though. Well that and a few cigars ;-) (just kidding)

Brian Mc said...

Ive had a really tickly cough since the race. It has almost disappeared but that's 10 days or so. Persistent!