Sunday 27 July 2008

¡Hola!

As you may have guessed from my salutation, I´m in Spain, or rather Tenerife at the moment. Not only am I on holiday, I´m running again. Woo hoo!

Not everything is perfect though. I still have a little achilles niggle but that goes away as I warm up so I´m not bothered by that. I´m also still bothered by some hamstring tightness, something that I´ve never suffered with before. Still, neither of them are stopping me going out for an enjoyable 6 or so miles every other morning, romping up and down the hills of Los Gigantes.

If you look at the link, you´ll see that the resort is build at the base of some gigantic cliffs. Most of the flatter bits of the town are built on a 30 degree slope. The rest is steeper. :-)

Whethere running up and down hills is good for a man in my condition I don´t know but I´m just loving it. It´s just so good to be running again and I´m forever on the lookout for ever steeper hills to attack in my morning runs. I doubt I´ll be as fit as I had hoped in time for the River Ayr Way race but at least the hills shouldn´t bother me. :-)

Adios!

3 comments:

Subversive Runner said...

Ola Senor Downie! Buenos vacaciones (I think)

Johnny Dx said...

Hey Tim, enjoy your hols...I got to run in Fuerteventura earlier in the year. It's fun blazing trails :)
I know you're carrying some achilles trouble but I guess you've got something in mind for your next 'biggy'..??

Brian Mc said...

Buenos vacaciones indeed!

Running on the trails of Tenerife sounds fantastic. Isn't there a 2000m odd volcano that you could take a jaunt up?

I too can't resist running up and down hills, even if injured.