Friday 16 May 2008

Back to back runs. Day 1

Today was the first of two runs planned for today and tomorrow. I ran on my local stomping ground of the River Ayr Way from Failford to home, about as pleasant a way as you could hope to find of running a good distance without involving roads. It was "just" 21 miles but I feel pretty knackered so it'll be interesting to see how I get on tomorrow for the 36 miles or so from Bridge of Orchy to Fort William.

The heat today certainly impacted on my fluid requirements so I'll certainly be taking a camelbak and my bottle tomorrow. Despite what I said earlier, I suspect I *will* be taking the Mars Bars again. I survived one mini bite-sized one today without throwing up so I guess I can cope with them again tomorow.

Mixed feelings about wearing my skins though. The "baggy crutch" problem can cause a lot of discomfort but I'm going to try another WHWer's suggestion of removing the elastic from the bottom of the legs as this seems to be responsible for maintaining a certain amount of traction downwards.

No comments: