Thursday 6 March 2008

Today's run

I was out with my old collie cross mongrel Roger this afternoon. He's not really up to long runs but he just can't help himself, particularly when he's just come out of kennels where they walk all the dogs three times a day. In there for two nights and he's expects the same service at home!

Anyway, it a repeat of my route out to Craig Tara. It was after reading Debbie's blog and her encounters with neds etc. in her neck of the woods that I realised how lucky I was to have the shore to run along. There are usually big flocks of curlews along the shore by Craig Tara making their characteristically evocative sound, something I'm willing to bet you don't hear in Glasgow too often. Of course, I do miss having decent hills to train on but you can't have everything. Roger started off full of beans but soon realised that he was in for a longer walk than he was expecting so we had to stop a few times at streams for him to cool down but no matter how tired he sometimes looks, he always has some energy to chase the squirrels in Bellisle Park on the way back! Still, it was good to have him with me to ensure a nice slow pace. My legs are a little stiff after Tuesday's 5K and driving 400 miles to Aberdeen and back yesterday.

1 comment:

Brian Mc said...

Ah coastal runs and sea breezes! You've no idea how appealing that sounds compared to the streest of Milton Keynes.