Wednesday 4 June 2008

Club 5k

A trip down south at the weekend to visit my wife's 95 year old aunt put paid to too much running over the last week. I know I'm supposed to be tapering but I hate this period. Somehow, you always feel worse when you drp your mileage significantly and I never really believe the stuff about tapering applies to *me*. ;-)

I was hoping to run the Merrick hill race this weekend which is now a longer, gentler(ish) race that the old one that was very tough. Unfortunately, family commitments once again are going to scupper this so I think I'll have to find another hill to run up.

At last night's club 5K I wasn't too hopeful after a weekend of eating and drinking too much. It was also a bit windy for the last 2 Km but I wasn't unhappy with my time of 19:43. A good bit off of my PB for the year but on the right side of 20 minutes again thankfully. ;-)

1 comment: