Friday 23 November 2007

Slow'n'easy

I decided to miss out my usual Thursday tempo run as my legs still felt a bit tired after Tuesday's mile reps & Wendesday's easy 7 miler. With a race planned for the weekend that left the problem of fitting in a "LSD" run in (Long Slow Distance). Given the glorious weather (and the offer of a lift to Failford) it seemed silly not to do it today. This is becoming my current favourite run. About 19.5 miles, mostly off road and great scenery.



These pictures were all taken with my mobile phone so they're not great but hopefully capture a little bit of what the River Ayr Way is like along this stretch.



(about 1 mile west of Failford)




(one of the more open stretches of the river)





(Weir & sluice gates just above Stair Bridge)




(Frozen path just west of Stair - normally waterlogged & boggy)




(Railway viaduct upstream of Gadgirth Bridge)





(One of several stretches of boardwalk along river)




(Gadgirth Bridge)





(Sign not to be missed at bottom of Mill Road out of Annbank)



(Fisherman's path above Tarholm bridge - flooded when river in spate)




(Tarholm Bridge)


(Waggonway through woods south of Auchincruive)



(Oswalds Bridge)



(Ayr harbour and the sea at last!)
(Nearly there)
(The oblisk at the finish on Ayr seafront)
(The old "Brig O' Doon" and the newer road bridge as seen from the old railway bridge)

This last picture has nothing to do with the RAW, it's just on the cycle path that leads back to my home in Alloway. I took it nice an easy as I didn't want to take too much out of my legs in advance of this weekend's racing. Much as I'd like to, it's not going to be in Girvan though. For complicated reasons it's going to be the St. Andrews Hsopice 6K






5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Johnny Dx said...

Nice pics Tim...similar to home here in France! Cold and sheep strewn!
Johnny

Tim said...

Thanks Johnny. Best of luck in your 100K! Looks like fun.

Thomas said...

Those are great photos. I'd love to run there!

Tim said...

Hi Thomas, I've had a look at your blog and I don't think you can still call yourself a rubbish runner! Sure I saw you at Loch Ness. I'll say hello next time. ;-)