Wednesday 23 September 2009

Today my legs ache - and it feels wonderful

I've not blogged in ages as this was meant to be a running blog and there's been damn little of that for months & months. It's been very depressing and I saw little reason to repeatedly tell the world that my back still aches and I still couldn't run.

I have been trying the occasional run but the pain has always turned any attempt to run in to a stop/start affair that's been about as much fun as toothache.

Last night however Muriel and I set out on one of our short loops (about 3 miles) and I found that the pain seemed to be plateauing at a tolerable level and I was able to run continuously. After one particular steepish downhill bit, I found that I had no pain whatsoever. I suppose a sensible person would have just savoured the moment but after months of pain that was all I needed as an excuse to open the throttle and let rip for a couple of hundred meters. A pathetically short stretch of pain free running in the big scheme of things but oh, it felt so good!

So today, my legs are aching. Not due to any problem with my back but through unaccustomed exercise and it feels great.

Fingers crossed this marks the turnaround point for my return to running. Woo hoo!!

5 comments:

Mark said...

Fantastic mate! Great news. Hope it continues.

DQ

Thomas said...

Tim, great news! Keep it going!

Johnny Dx said...

Nice to see you back Tim.

Brian Mc said...

I'll keep touching wood for you.

Andy Cole said...

Great to hear you're back in action Tim!