Wednesday 11 November 2009

I lied!

Having said that I was going to hang up my Vibrams last week, I found that the persistent tenderness in the balls of my feet that I was suffering from had disappeared and I was itching to get back into them.
Last night at the club was our "hills" session, a series of short sprints where lightweight shoes (or even no shoes) makes a huge difference. So it was on with the Vibrams and out to the club for a quick thrash up and down some hills.

Running in the VFFs was fun but I was actually itching to run fully barefoot and after a while on a flat section I whipped them off and enjoyed the full BF experience. Just a shame the road was so darned cold! That really is one of the major reasons for not barefoot running at this time of year.

I'm going to try and keep a level head over the winter and keep my running BF/VFF to once a week because I don't want a repeat of the tenderness that I had before.

Found this interesting interview on youtube concerning barefoot running & ultras.

2 comments:

John Kynaston said...

Interesting video. Thanks for putting that on.

I wonder who will be the first to run the whw barefoot?

In my novel it is you in 2014 so don't let me down!!

John

Tim said...

Not sure it'll be me John! Whilst I toy with the idea in my dreams, whenever I see the stones on the path I quickly drop the idea. ;-)

I think even the Tamahumara would wear some bits of car tyre for the WHW!